Network infrastructure change programs should always be associated with an improvement in users' perception of the quality of the service received. Before starting such a project, there are technical and commercial bid phases and evaluations that must be approved.
Once this is accomplished, the main phases are:
- Operation and administration.
- The breakdown or transition of the network to a new project.
In the Network Deployment Services, operations are performed in which devices are started / installed. The end result is the contracted service. In this phase of the project there are:
- The agreed service periods and delivery times must be respected.
- Tools that simplify predictable bulk configuration tasks must be available.
- A team of specialists must supervise the installation of the devices in a previously agreed location.
- Validation of the entire start-up process so that the project location can go to the operational phase.
While this list contains the obvious, it makes the network implementation phase one of the most intense and troublesome parts of a new scheme. This implies the not insignificant additional costs for the commissioning of external services.
In general, the service provider or freight forwarder offers its clients an all-inclusive package with the best possible service / price ratio. They are expected to select device manufacturers that not only meet the technology and economics side, but also help keep network deployment costs low.
One of the most important components for network provisioning is a zero-touch installation service for participating devices. This means that starting the service on the site must include:
- Customers should receive a device with basic on-site connection instructions (similar to automatic installation of home services like ADSL / FTTH). The customer can simply connect and turn on their device according to the basic instructions.
- The automatic configuration process begins: the device downloads its individual configurations from a control center and then activates them to provide the contractually agreed service.
- The status and availability of these services are determined from the central office (validation of the entire process).
The availability of automatic configuration during deployment and the use of pre-validated templates reduce installation costs by optimizing lead times and minimizing configuration error rates.
In this phase, there are not only advantages: maintenance procedures are significantly optimized, but an office with a device that is out of service only has to send a new router to start the business again. The rest of the configuration, the restoration of saved data, etc., is carried out almost automatically through administration tools. This facility optimizes SLAs and punishment.
In summary, automatic configuration throughout the network deployment becomes a very relevant aspect and should always be included in the commercial offer of the manufacturers. Not only because this represents a great improvement in their products, but also because they can offer tools through their sales network to reduce overall project costs and improve the perception of service quality for their clients.
Understands this concept and integrates its software tool, the NetManager Colibrí, to manage networks. In addition to other standardized tools and together with its WLAN and access routers, this offers optimal solutions for schemes where your clients need them.